Fashion Tips

Fashion Tips
Get fashion tips to enhance your style.

Fashion Designers

Fashion Designers
Check out runway reports on some of the top fashion designers.

Celebrity Fashion

Celebrity Fashion
Get the latest in Celebrity Fashion.

Fashion Deals

Fashion Deals
Check out great deals on some of your favorite brands.

A New Chapter Begins: Barack Obama Is Sworn In As The 44th President of The United States

Wednesday, January 21, 2009


As many of you may have noticed, I didn't post a thing yesterday. I know I could have been like all the other bloggers and posted all those pictures of all the celebs partying and performing yesterday, but I refused to make yesterday out to be about celebrities and fashion. Yesterday was so historic and such an important part of my life that I refused to make it about anything else but history being made. I can always post about celebrities and talk about what they had on and who designed Michelle Obama's dress, but for the first time ever, our country can say that we have a black president.

So I took the day out to remember our history, all of our struggles to make this country equal, and all of the people who gave up their lives for the fight.

I also thought about how my grandparents couldn't even vote and when they were finally given the chance, they rejected fear and were kicked out of their home for having the courage to vote. My grandfather was a proud man and was willing to lose his home to have the same rights as others.

It is because of people like my grandfather, Marther Luther King Jr., Malcolm X, Rosa Parks and so many others that Barack Obama is now president of the United States.

So pardon me for posting late, forgive me for my tardiness, or my lack of urgency, but I had to celebrate with the rest of the country. I knew posting could wait.

Yesterday was an amazing day and my life will never be the same. Now everyone knows that anyone can truly be whatever and whoever they want to be. I have always believed that the only person that can hold me back is myself, and it's clear that President Obama lives by the same creed.

It's the morning after and I know I have to give my readers what they are looking for. I might be a day behind, but I know the show must go on. But when it comes to history and life changing circumstances, expect me to be a little selfish.

I'm finished, now let me get back to my fashionly duties.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Amanda! You better preach! Church! lol

January 21, 2009 at 12:59 PM
Anonymous said...

That's real talk right there. Sounds like you are proud of your Grandfather and you have every reason to be. Good sh*t.

January 21, 2009 at 1:03 PM
Anonymous said...

Welcome back love. Glad you took a day off. Yesterday was very special.

January 21, 2009 at 1:04 PM
Anonymous said...

All of this really makes a woman want to raise her standards ASAP.

January 21, 2009 at 2:13 PM